Check out my other blogs What Fresh Hell is This and Chrisfit

Monday, August 30, 2010

Christening

One of the few things I've managed to be proud of in my life, however reluctantly, is my travel photography. I prefer to add that description to it because I am no photographer. I've never taken a photography class, I couldn't develop actual film if life depended on it (you just throw the roll into a vat of acid, right? and then it turns into a picture?) I've never spent more than $250 on a camera. I'm still not sure what an SLR is but I know I want one for some reason. All this to say that I am no real photographer, neither professionally nor amateurly, I don't try to be artsy or unique in anyway. I like to travel to interesting places and take pictures of things that have been photographed ad nauseum since photography was invented long ago by the Greeks (or something). I rarely take pictures of people because I feel awkward doing so. I take pictures of art and architecture mostly, sometimes natural landscapes; churches, mountains, trees, paintings, government buildings, sunsets, life, etc.

Hence the title of my newest blog, "Life, etc." Once a week (or whenever) I will post one of my favorite pictures accompanied with a story or background information on it. Don't expect photography details, shutter rate, lens aperture, and other terms listed on my camera that I don't understand. This blog is about the life of each photo. In short, the life of me.

I begin tomorrow with one of my favorite pictures and stories from my summer abroad in Spain two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment